So, around last Halloween I went a little nuts buying plastic swords for the fun of repainting them. I did manage to sell one on Etsy to someone who needed it for a theatrical performance, but my others sat until the listings expired. I’m leaving them as such for now, but might look into renewing them once I’ve taken more (and better) photos…
Anyway, I fairly recently finished painting another. Recently being a bit relative. Because it’s sat in my art box for at least a month now, waiting for photo day.
So, here we go:
This time, instead of simply painting over the factory texture of the sword, I worked with it. The rough raised surfaces really did well as cooled lava and burnt material.
More pics below the cut.